Calderdale CAMHS First Point of Contact
Telephone: 01422 300 001
The First Point of Contact is a single point of access for all CAMHS referrals in Calderdale.
All referrals come through this central point (including referrals for Tier 2 and Tier 3 CAMHS).
The service operates Monday to Friday from 9.00 a.m. to 4.30 p.m, and until 6.30pm on Tuesday & Wednesday evenings during Calderdale term time.
The service provides consultation, support, advice and referral guidance to professionals in the Calderdale locality who have questions or concerns around the mental health/emotional wellbeing of children and young people.
Referrers are invited to phone the First Point of Contact to discuss potential referrals before submitting a referral.
Referrers are asked to call in advance of referring if the case may be urgent, or if they are unsure about suitability for CAMHS.
Professionals who have concerns about young people who have not been referred to CAMHS can also access support and advice from the FPoC.
We recommend professionals use the First Point of Contact when they:
- have urgent concerns regarding a young person’s mental health/emotional wellbeing
- are considering referring into CAMHS (Tier 2 or Tier 3) but are unsure about suitability
- are seeking general advice on supporting a young person’s mental health/wellbeing
- are requiring update regarding a referral or ongoing work (this is consent dependent)
- would like guidance on resources or signposting