Calderdale CAMHS First Point of Contact
Telephone: 01422 300 001
The First Point of Contact is a single point of access for all CAMHS referrals in Calderdale.
All referrals come through this central point (including referrals for Tier 2 and Tier 3 CAMHS).
The service operates Monday to Friday from 9.00 a.m. to 4.30 p.m and is staffed by 2 mental health practitioners.
Referrers are encouraged to phone the First Point of Contact to discuss potential referrals before submitting a referral.
The service provides consultation, support, advice and referral guidance to professionals in the Calderdale locality who have questions or concerns around the mental health/emotional wellbeing of children and young people.
The First Point of Contact is not solely for young people who are already known to CAMHS or who have been referred to CAMHS. We recommend professionals use the First Point of Contact when they:
- have concerns regarding a young person’s mental health/emotional wellbeing
- are considering referring into CAMHS (Tier 2 or Tier 3) to discuss the case and its suitability for a referral
- are seeking general advice on supporting a young person’s mental health/wellbeing
- are requiring update regarding a referral or partnership work (this is consent dependent)
- would like guidance on resources or signposting